SALTY COFFEE - A Motivational Story


A young guy met a pretty girl at a party. She was so outstanding, this sent many guys chasing after her, while he being average, nobody paid him attention.

At the end of the party, he finally summoned courage to invite the girl to have coffee with him. She was surprised, but out of politeness, she promised. They both sat in a nice coffee shop, he was too nervous to say anything, she felt uncomfortable, waiting for coffee..

She kept on thinking, "Please, let it get over soon...let me go home...." she finally said. The coffee was brought and suddenly, he asked the waiter. "Would you please get me some salt? I'd like to put it in my coffee!" Everyone at the shop stared at him, so strange! His face turned red, but still, he put the salt in his coffee and drank it. She asked him curiously, "Why this unusual habit?" He took a couple of sips and replied, "When I was still a little boy, I lived near the sea, I liked playing in the sea! I can still remember the taste of the sea..

This salty coffee...every time I drink it, I always think of my childhood days, think of my hometown... Oh no! I miss my hometown so much... I miss my parents who are still out there." While saying this, tears filled his eyes.

The pretty girl was deeply touched. A man who can tell out his homesickness, must be a man who loves home, cares about home, has responsibility of home. Pretty soon, she also started to speak, she spoke about her faraway hometown, her childhood, her family. That was a really great date, also a beautiful beginning of their story.

This new pair continued to date. She got to discover that actually, he was a man who met all her expectations: he was tolerant, kind hearted, warm, caring. He was such a good man and had it not been for the salt in the coffee, she'd never have really known him!

The rest of the story was just like any other beautiful love story: they finally got married, and they lived a very happy married life. And sure! every time she made coffee for him, she put some salt in the coffee, just the way he liked it! After 40 years of marital bliss, he died after a short illness. One day, she found a letter he had left for her: "My dearest, Please forgive me, but I lied to you.. Only once.. Remember the first time we dated? I was so nervous, I asked for salt instead of sugar! I was too embarrassesd to admit it, so I just went ahead. I never thought that could bring about such a frank and intimate conversation between the two of us!

Later, I tried to tell you the truth so many times but was afraid you'd think I was a liar and never again believe me ... Now I'm dying, and am afraid of nothing so I tell you the truth: I don't like salty coffee, as a matter of fact I hate it! What a strange bad taste.. But since you made it for me with so much love, I drank it all my life!

Please forgive me, darling.. for lying to you first in that Coffee Shop and then not telling you the truth everytime you made coffee for me! I am not lying now when I say, I couldn't have that coffee any other way! - still madly in love with you"

If anybody ask her: "How did that salted coffee taste?" "It's sweet." She always replied.

MESSAGES OF THE STORY
1. Always learn to make the best of every situation. Also, be wise.
2. A great disappointment might be a blessing in disguise, who knows.
  • Follow Most Watched Today on Facebook and You Will Always Have The Best Online Videos